Elliot Lake Retirement Living (ELRL) has created the ELRL Community Grant Program to give back to the community. The intent of the program is to invest in activities, programs, projects and individuals that help to make Elliot Lake a place that people want to live, retire to and invest in.
Any club, group, business, organization or individual can apply for funding from the ELRL Community Grant Program. To be considered, the applicant must reside, service, or operate in Elliot Lake.
ELRL will consider a broad range of requests. Priority will be given to projects or activities that:
- Provide opportunities for local residents to participate in the community
- Promote Elliot Lake as a place to live, work, and invest
- Enhance the community, either economically, ecologically, or aesthetically
- Leverage funding from other groups and agencies
- May become self-sustaining
The funding is not intended to support ongoing operational shortfalls. Nor should individuals profit directly from the grant.
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to submit their requests in writing and include the following:
- The name of the applicant, organization or club.
- Nature of the organization i.e. non-profit, charitable, volunteer etc.
- Contact information i.e. email, or phone number.
- Mailing Address
- The amount of the request.
- A description of the activity, event, or item to be funded.
- Explain who will benefit from the grant.
- Explain how the grant will benefit the community
- If the grant will help to lever other funds, please state from whom and how much.
All of the above information must be included in the submission otherwise the application may not be considered for funding. Further information may be requested as part of the approval process.
Submissions for the 2021, ELRL Community Grant are due Friday May 14, 2021 by 3:30pm.
Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic our office at 289 Highway 108 North is closed to the public but you may drop off your submission during the day between 8am and 4pm in the mail box at the front door or you can email it to email@example.com
ELRL Community Grant Recipients 2018 – 2019
The 2019, the ELRL Community Grant was pleased to award over $43,000 to the following organizations.
1. St. Joseph’s Hospital Foundation, CT Scanner – $25,000
2. Elliot Lake Charity Bingo – up to $1,500
3. Elliot Lake and Area Rod and Gun Club – up to $5,000
4. Rio Den Basketball court/program – $6,000
5. Stage Door Players – $1,000
6. Maple Gate – Larry’s Place/Men’s shelter – $2,750
7. Penokean Field Naturalists – $700
8. WAGS (Wednesday Afternoon Guitarists) – $500
9. Mount Dufour Terrain Park – $1,300
In 2018, Elliot Lake Retirement Living awarded over $34,000 to the following projects with their ELRL Community Grant:
- St. Joseph’s General Hospital CT Scanner $25,000
- The Autism Sensory Park $7,500
- The Elliot Lake Arts Club $2,254.10