Elliot Lake Retirement Living (ELRL) has created the ELRL Community Grant Program to give back to the community. The intent of the program is to invest in activities, programs, projects and individuals that help to make Elliot Lake a place that people want to live, retire to and invest in.
Any club, group, business, organization or individual can apply for funding from the ELRL Community Grant Program. To be considered, the applicant must reside, service, or operate in Elliot Lake.
ELRL will consider a broad range of requests. Priority will be given to projects or activities that:
- Provide opportunities for local residents to participate in the community
- Promote Elliot Lake as a place to live, work, and invest
- Enhance the community, either economically, ecologically, or aesthetically
- Leverage funding from other groups and agencies
- May become self-sustaining
The funding is not intended to support ongoing operational shortfalls. Nor should individuals profit directly from the grant.
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to submit their requests in writing and include the following:
- The name of the applicant, organization or club.
- Nature of the organization i.e. non-profit, charitable, volunteer etc.
- Contact information i.e. email, or phone number.
- Mailing Address
- The amount of the request.
- A description of the activity, event, or item to be funded.
- Explain who will benefit from the grant.
- Explain how the grant will benefit the community
- If the grant will help to lever other funds, please state from whom and how much.
You may click on the link below for a fillable form which you can save and then submit via email to email@example.com
Forms will also be available at the office.
Community Grant Form
Please include all the requested information otherwise the application may not be considered for funding. Further information may be requested as part of the approval process.
Submissions for the 2023, ELRL Community Grant are open until Friday May 19, 2023 at 3pm.
Elliot Lake Retirement Living
Attn: ELRL Community Grant
289 Highway 108 North, Elliot Lake, ON P5A 2S9
Office hours are 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Past ELRL Community Grant Recipients
- St. Joseph’s General Hospital Foundation, CT Scanner $50,000 ( 2018 & 2019)
- Elliot Lake Red Wings $1,500
- Elliot Lake Tennis Club $15,000
- St. Joseph’s General Hospital Foundation $6,000
- Central School $1,000
- Elliot Lake Charity Bingo $1,500
- Elliot Lake and Area Rod and Gun Club $5,000
- Rio Den Basketball court/program $6,000
- Stage Door Players $1,000
- Maple Gate – Larry’s Place/Men’s shelter $10,250 (2019 & 2021)
- The Penokean Field Naturalists $1,400 (2019 & 2021)
- WAGS (Wednesday Afternoon Guitarists) $1,150 ( 2019 & 2021)
- Mount Dufour Terrain Park $1,300
- The Autism Sensory Park $7,500
- The Elliot Lake Arts Club $2,500
- Our Lady of Fatima Ukulele Club (after school program) $2,250
- Elliot Lake Wood Carvers Club – $2,000
- Camp Thompson $1,500
- Paul Eldon Snow Dog Groomer $10,000
- Rotary Club $3,900
- Elliot Lake Youth Slow Pitch $1,695
- Mount Dufour $25,000
- Alzheimer’s Society $2,000
- TV Bingo $3,000 (2019 & 2021)
- Quilts of Valor $3,000
- Elliot Lake Snowbirds Club $6,000